Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Neighbourhood swap

Nicola & Pete plus daughters Lola, now 9 and Nell, now 7, spent last year exploring Britain in a carbon-light manner. Our spring 2008 challenge is to give up waste from 24 March to 24 April. Most posts are by Nicola (as it was her silly idea). This is how it’s going:

I’ve been sent such a huge cheese in the post that it has to be shared.

My neighbour, Nick Clee, is a food writer, so he and family are likely to want a chunk.

I send it over (cunningly getting rid of one of the plastic easter egg shells at the same time) and back comes a huge plant pot made from magazines and newspapers in the Philippine style. My new gift is shaped like a swan and is really rather lovely. My basil plant gets a new home.

Verdict: sharing seems to lead to spontaneous exchanges, which is delightful for both giver and receiver. I must do more.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 11:50 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers