Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 3, 2009

Brooklyn Twitter Guide

If I can tweet, anyone can.

I met up with some travel writers tonight in New York, including Jen Leo -- the editor of the Los Angeles Times' interesting Travel Web Buzz column. In about 20 beer-soaked minutes she gave me a 70-minute lesson in Twitter, and convinced me to get more serious about it. 'I'm a Facebook grouch,' she said happily. 'I don't friend anybody anymore.' Then she paused to 'tweet' me a website she was talking about.

I feel very 21st century all of a sudden.

As part of it, I'm going to try and assemble over the next few weeks a 'TWITTER GUIDEBOOK TO BROOKLYN,' where I'm stationed. Basically this will translate into short reviews of places I like around the country's coolest neighborhood of late.


HOW TO USE THE 'GUIDEBOOK'
Start a Twitter account.

Then hit 'search' at the bottom of the page and hit '#rot_bkln' (for ReidOnTravel_Brooklyn).

Posts will be ordered in reverse chronological order, beginning with most recent. Each post will begin with the neighborhood in question:
  • Dwntn (Downtown)
  • B-Hts (Brooklyn Heights)
  • BoCoCa (Boerum Hill, Cobble Hill & Carroll Gardens)
  • RHook (Red Hook)
  • ParkSlope
  • ProsHts (Prospect Heights)
  • FtG (Ft Greene)
  • Willbg (Williamsburg)
  • Grnpt (Greenpoint)
  • Bush (Bushwick)
  • Coney (Coney Island)
  • BrightB (Brighton Beach)
  • etc
I will try to cover a favorite restaurant or two, bar or two, attraction or two of each neighborhood. Then add a hotel or two.

So if you need a Ft Greene bar, you'll need to scroll down to 'FtG' and find a bar mention. (Bad example: I haven't done it yet.)'

We'll see what happens.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 8:27 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers