Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 28, 2010

Mackenzie Blue Series


MACKENZIE BLUE SERIES
By:  Tina Wells
 MACKENZIE BLUE #1
FIRST SENTENCE
“Hi, Diary, Today I’m kind of blue.”
SUMMARY
from goodreads
Meet Mackenzie Blue, aka Zee
She has it all – smarts, talent, humor, and style …
Is it enough to survive middle school?
Countdown to a 7th Grade Meltdown
1.     Your BFF moves away.
2.    Someone steals your diary and reveals your deepest secrets – to the entire class.
3.    You have one chance to become a rock star and one chance to totally blow it.  Guess what!?  All three happened to me!  School’s a disaster already.  Don’t get me wrong – I love Brookdale Academy and I have a fabulous crew of friends.  (At least, I think I do.)  But, if I’m going to survive, I need all the help I can get!
 MACKENZIE BLUE #2
THE SECRET CRUSH
FIRST SENTENCE
“Anyone else?” Mr. P – short for Mr. Papademetriou – looked at the seventh graders in his instrumental music class.”
SUMMARY
from goodreads
Mackenzie Blue has a crush!
But how can she get Landon – the cutest boy in school – to notice her?  The class’s new rock-and-roll musical is her chance.
Reasons why our musical is going to be amazing:
I could be the star!  Landon could be my co-star … which means we’ll hang out together.  Working on the sets, props, music, script, and costumes will be tons of fun.
There’s so much to do, I’d better get started!
Between her crush, the musical, and her friends – not to mention school work – Zee is torn in a thousand different directions.  With all the real-life drama going on, will she lose sight of what’s really important?
 MACKENZIE BLUE #3
FRIENDS FOREVER?
RELEASE DATE JUNE 22, 2010
FIRST SENTENCE
“Adam Carmichael pulled his subcompact car into Jasper Chapman’s driveway and turned to his sister, Mackenzie Blue.”
SUMMARY
from back of book
I’m not sure how I feel about spending an entire week in the woods away from home.  Pros:
1.    My BFF, Ally, is visiting all the way from Paris!  Ooh la la!
2.    My friends and I are so going to win the environmental scavenger hunt!
Cons:
1.    We have to stay in teeny-tiny log cabins.  How will we all fit?
2.    The legendary (and terrifying) Mountain Man …
REVIEW
It’s a Win, Win, Win, Win situation with Mackenzie Blue!  I loved Mackenzie Blue’s Crew of friends, the drawings, the on-line chatting, and the diary entries.  Yep, I liked it all.
I will break down what I enjoyed the most in each book -
Mackenzie Blue -   Zee struggling to find the courage to take part in the Teen Sing contest. 
The Secret Crush – Zee finding all sorts of crazy ways to get Landon’s attention.
Friends Forever? – Zee trying to keep the peace between her best friends who are having trouble getting along.  Oh, and the Mountain Man who is out to get the girls!
I totally recommend this series to tween girls, especially if they are as into girlie books as I am.  WINNER!
Thank you to Buzz Marketing for sending these books for me to review. 
RATING
5        Plot
5        Characters
5        Attention Grabbing
5        Girlie Meter
4        Ending

24      TOTAL

5        STARS

Melina

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers