Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Vampire Academy


VAMPIRE ACADEMY
By:  Richelle Mead
FIRST SENTENCE
“I felt her fear before I heard her screams.”
SUMMARY
From goodreads
St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school – it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them.  Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess.  They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s – the very place where they’re most in danger . . . .
Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals.  But they must be careful lest the Strigoi – the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires – make Lissa one of them forever.
REVIEW
I am finally jumping on the Vampire Academy bandwagon.  I was too young for this series when the books first came out, but now I am old enough to read them.  The story is completely new to me.
The plot is full of danger and action, but the relationships between the characters take center stage for me.  I really enjoyed the way they interacted and how they were loyal to each other. 
I also like that the book is told from Rose’s point-of-view rather than from Lissa’s.  Since Rose is able to get into Lissa’s mind and feel her emotions, it is interesting to see how Rose reacts. 
If you are drawn to vampire books and haven’t read this series yet, I would suggest that you give it a try.  It isn’t “just another vampire series.” 
RATING
4        Plot
5        Characters
5        Attention Grabbing
5        Girlie Meter
4        Ending

23      TOTAL

5        STARS

Melina

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers