Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 16, 2010

Do You Feel Guilty For Not Finishing a Book?


DO YOU FEEL GUILTY
FOR NOT FINISHING A BOOK?
I asked this on Twitter today and the tweets were a-flying.  I had started reading a book earlier today and it wasn’t grabbing my attention.  I lasted about 100 pages and then I gave up.  I just wasn’t feeling it.
My favorite books are the “can’t put it down” kind of books.  You know, the ones that you want to read all in one long sitting.  The ones I will even read at the dinner table propped up with my fancy book holder.  The ones that I read while I walk through a parking lot – while my mom freaks because I’m not paying attention to the traffic.
Then there are the books I like to savor.  I read a little here and a little there and they may take a few days for me to finish.  I love these books too and sometimes it’s nice to give a little break between chapters so I can think about what’s going on.
If you have been around here for a while you’ll notice that I have not posted any reviews with only two stars.  That’s probably because they were the books I didn’t finish.  Maybe I’ll give them a try again another day….or maybe not.  I guess it depends on the book.
So, do you feel guilty for not finishing a book?

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 12:40 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers