Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Goose Girl


THE GOOSE GIRL
By:  Shannon Hale
FIRST SENTENCE
“She was born Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, Crown Princess of Kildenree, and she did not open her eyes for three days.”
SUMMARY
from goodreads
She can whisper to horses and communicate with birds, but the crown princess Ani has a difficult time finding her place in the royal family and measur...moreShe can whisper to horses and communicate with the birds, but the crown princess Ani has a difficult time finding her place in the royal family and measuring up to her imperial mother.  When she is shipped off to a neighboring kingdom as a bride, her scheming entourage mounts a blood mutiny to replace her with a jealous lady-in-waiting, Selia, and to allow an inner circle of guards more power in the new land.  Barely escaping with her life, Ani disguises herself as a goose girl and wanders on the royal estate.  Does she have the pluck to reclaim her rightful place?  
REVIEW
Shannon Hale is definitely NOT a one-hit-wonder. First, I read Princess Academy and I was blown away by its awesomeness.  Then, I read The Goose Girl and I fell in love all over again. 
I loved every single aspect of this book.  Everything!  The plot was riveting and I could not get enough.  In fact, I actually read the book two times in the past week because I wanted to be sure I didn’t miss anything.
The characters were very intriguing.  Ani’s special powers and her inner strength made her an enjoyable character.  Selia was as wicked as they get and she added some spice to the story. 
The setting was so perfectly described that I felt like I was actually in a castle in a far-away land.  The descriptions of Bayern’s meadows were beautiful.  Everything is so much more REAL when an author paints the setting so well.
RATING
5        Plot
5        Characters
5        Attention Grabbing
5        Girlie Meter
5        Ending

25      TOTAL

5        STARS

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 7:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers