Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Darkwood


DARKWOOD
By:  M.E. Breen
FIRST SENTENCE
“The sun sets so quickly in Howland that the people who live there have no word for evening.”
SUMMARY
from goodreads
The sun sets so quickly in Howland that the people who live there have no word for evening.  One minute the sky is light; the next it is black.  But darkness comes in other forms, too, and for Annie, the misery she endures in her uncle’s household makes the black of night seem almost soothing.  When Annie escapes, her route takes her first to a dangerous mine, and later to the kings own halls, when a figure from Annie’s past makes a starling appearance.  All the while, reported sightings of kinderstalk - mysterious creatures that prowl Howland’s dark forests- grow more frequent.
REVIEW
I will start with what I liked about Darkwood.  The main character, Annie, was a brave heroine.  Believing her family had died, Annie had a rough childhood living with her uncle.  Because Annie was so well written, I felt sad for her and the struggles she endured.
I also liked the ending of this book.  It was very unexpected and touching.  I won’t give it away, but I will say that it had to do with family.
Now, for what I did not care for.  The plot moved slowly for me and most of my questions were not answered until the very bitter end.  I would have liked it better if more had been revealed throughout the story.
RATING
3        Plot
5        Characters
3        Attention Grabbing
2        Girlie Meter
5        Ending

18      TOTAL

4        STARS
 

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 7:10 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers