Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A travel bloggers travel bloggers list

IMG_5978.CR2 See what I did there? I created a confusing and inappropriately apostrophe free headline for this article. Brilliant. So what is it all about then? Well, it turns out, much to my surprise, and probably not to yours, that I am not the only person travelling and writing about it. I know.

Apparently there is this whole world out there of people writing, and travelling, and travelling, and writing. Some folk do these things at the same time! A complex feat I imagine, much like rubbing your stomach and gently ruffling your hair in synchronisation. Anyway, I felt I couldn’t let this mind blowing fact just float off into the breeze. No. I felt I should share it. But which travel writers do I tell you about?

Well. I found out that not only do other travellers blog, some of them even take the time to blog about other travel writers. I thought I could cunningly jump onto this trend, and blog about other travel writers who blog about other travel writers. Folk out there have done all the really hard work of trawling through a multitude of travel themed posts, and picking the particular highlights. So all I have to do is provide a list of the lists. A meta-list as it will. Hopefully this will start to make some sort of sense at any moment. To the list (of lists) we go!

Adventurous KateKate has been putting together a list of her favourite travel blogs on a weekly basis for a long while now. This week she has found posts on Vodka and the Olympics. Last week it was Zorbing and travelling blogging basics. Other weeks have been just as good. An excellent read of reads.

Travelling SavageKeith searches the web every month for the travel writing that he finds, in his words, “inspiring, informative and provocative”. His summaries, which he titles “Bloody Good Travel Writing”, are exactly that. I have linked to his July ‘10 post, but I suspect an August update will be coming soon.

Travelling CanucksThe travelling canucks, also known as Nicole and Cameron, have done a weekly update on their favourite travel blogs for the last couple of weeks, and I figure that if folk keep reading it, they’ll keep writing it! Worth a read.

yTravelBlog – Each week Caz and Craig feature a list of their favourite blogs from the past week, focusing on particular travel themed topics, ranging from travel tips, to photography, to inspiring ideas. You can also draw your attention to your favourite posts for consideration, if you so wish.

Top 100 Independent Travel sitesIf the above aren’t enough, here’s one to pass a few days of your life. Brendan spends what I can only imagine is an inordinate amount of time compiling a list of his top 100 Independent travel sites, based on Alexa rankings combined with his personal secret formula. Which he details in more er, detail, on his site. Enjoy that one, it’ll keep you going for a while.

Hopefully this has helped you discover some new sources for travel themed writing. Humour aside for a brief moment, it’s always a pleasure (and often an inspiration) going out and seeing what other people are doing and writing about. It’s a big old world (and web) out there. If you feel I’ve missed another brilliant list from the above, do let me know!

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 2:43 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers