Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 28, 2011

Musings on the Awesomeness of Blogging & Photos from My Latest Blogger-meetup Adventure!!

I started this little blog in September of last year, never knowing how much it would change my life in just a few short months. 

I think some people (mostly those who don’t blog) vastly underestimate the power of this particular social media.  The power to forge friendships; the power to create communities; the power to reveal to us how alone we AREN’T.  And that’s not even getting into all the benefits for promoting a business, creating a brand for yourself, and earning extra income through sponsorships.

I’m going to write some fun “blogging tips and tricks” posts in the near future, k?  I’ve learned a lot in these past few months, and I want to share some of what I’ve learned with all of YOU – whether you write a blog, or just read them!  So look out for that sometime very soon. ;)

Anyway, let’s get on to the good stuff!!  I met a blogging friend this weekend!!  The lovely Alisha and I met up for lunch on Sunday, and our time together was the perfect example of why people who are friends in blog-land make really great buddies in the non-virtual world, too.  Because, in blog-land (at least in lifestyle blog-land), you really get to know someone’s soul.  And it’s wonderful to meet that same soul in person. 

Alisha is such a pretty and sweet girl, and I just get the feeling that she would be the most loyal and kindest of friends.  At one point during our lunch, I whined that the server had forgotten my lemons, and what did Alisha do?  She immediately stood up, walked over to the bar, asked the bartender for some lemons, and returned to our table, lemons in hand.  And I would have sat there the whole time, all bitter about my lack of lemons.  Puh-lease. 

Anyway, my point is, I love take charge kinds of people, especially ones that look out for their friends. I admire those qualities in a person.

Alisha, thanks again for meeting with me!  You’re a doll.

I’ll leave you all with some pictures from our lunch date at Abel’s on the Lake! We sipped mimosas and watched the seagulls on the deck over Lake Austin, and a moist breeze offered a little welcome relief to an otherwise sultry afternoon. Then, when the breeze picked up, Alisha watched (probably in silent horror) as I continued to flail and grapple wildly with my hair as we chatted.  I could just feeeeel it growing poofier and poofier by the second in the day’s humidity, and besides – something about ALL social situations causes me to act out in fidgety, awkward manner.  They’re my signature moves, yo. Ya feel me? 

Ok, or not. 

Well, happiest of Mondays to you! ;)

Lunch with Alisha 001  Lunch with Alisha 006 Lunch with Alisha 013 Lunch with Alisha 018 Lunch with Alisha 021 Lunch with Alisha 028 Lunch with Alisha 029 Lunch with Alisha 031

JenniD_Signature-2

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers