Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Third Degree - My goodreads Bookshelves

THE THIRD DEGREE

My goodreads Bookshelves
I love watching the vlogs that some of the bloggers have posted of their bookshelves.  I decided to be different and post about my goodreads bookshelves.  Remember, I can be sneaky sometimes.

When I visit other goodreads profiles, I see so many different bookshelves.  Some readers will have shelves for different genres, years, age range, author, star rating, etc.  I have seen some funny ones like hall of disappointment, obsession worthy, should be a movie, and made me want to claw my eyes out.  Nice!
 
My bookshelves are more reserved.  Take a peek.

Wishlist

Books I want to read.  This has books that are already released as well as books that have not yet been released.  I update it often adding new books and removing books I have changed my mind about.  I want my wishlist to represent books I truly do intend to read.  I don’t want to end up with 589,273,401 books on my wishlist and I am only going to realistically read 200.

Own

Well, this one is self explanatory.  It has every type of book that I own.  Arcs, paper books, and eBooks.

eBooks

These are all sorts of eBooks.  They may be arcs or books I bought for my Kindle.  I really like to read on my Kindle and I can’t wait for NetGalley to get their Kindle option working again.  For now, I read those on my laptop, so it’s all cool.  Anyhow, I love eBooks.

Kindle To Lend

Some Kindle titles purchased through Amazon are lendable.  They can be loaned to another Kindle one time for 14 days.  This bookshelf has my lendable Kindle books that are still available for loan.

Debut Author 2011

I am using this bookshelf to keep track of books for the Debut Author Challenge.  I have read five so far and have a lot more to go.

To Read

This bookshelf makes NO SENSE to me.  Seriously.  But I have to use it because goodreads forces me to choose between “to read”, “currently reading”, and “read” when I add a new book.  So, it is books I have not read yet whether I own them or not.  I do not find that helpful.     

Come to think of it, I wish there was a way that goodreads would let me list off books that are on two different shelves.  For example, I would LOVE to be able to list books that are on both my “to read” and “own” list because that is what I consider my real-life to read list.

Currently Reading

Another self explanatory one.  I am a one-book kind of girl, although I sometimes read a paper book and an eBook at the same time.  I have fun updating my progress.

Read

Books move to this shelf after I finish reading them.

To Review

I use this bookshelf for books I finished reading, but I have not yet typed up the review.  Right now, there are five books on this shelf.  It drives me CrAzY to have more than three on this shelf.  It makes me feel behind and I like to type up my reviews while the book is still fresh in my mind.  This shelf is a place holder until the review is scheduled.

Review Scheduled

Once I have the review typed up, I move the book from “to review” to “review scheduled.”  I usually post the review on goodreads a day or two after it posts on my blog and then I take the book off this shelf.  So yeah, I use this shelf as a place holder too.

How do you organize your goodreads shelves?  What’s the craziest shelf name you’ve seen?

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers