Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Very Eventful Day

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: without exception, weird stuff always happens when my mom and I hang out.  And today, we hung out. 

She picked me up at around 11:30, and we headed down to 6th street for lunch at Z Tejas (a yummy Mexican food joint with cool atmosphere and great patio dining).  First, we couldn’t find parking.  We drove around in circles for a while, becoming grouchier and hungrier by the moment, and then finally decided on a parking lot behind a store near the restaurant.  We didn’t see any signs that said the lot was only for a specific store, and I even made the comment that no one is likely enforcing any rules there may be, anyway. 

Not so. 

We got out of my Mom’s car and started walking in the direction of our lunch spot, when a haggard older woman approached from behind and rudely informed us that we couldn’t park where we had unless we were customers of her particular shop.  She pointed out the sign we had missed (since we had entered the lot from a different direction), and she practically followed us back to our car to ensure our compliance with the rules. 

And then I threatened to stab her with my shrimp fork.

No I didn’t. 

But I wanted to.

So we drove around another ten minutes and finally found a spot behind Z Tejas.  PHEW.

Then we were seated on the front patio, with the birds.

I should have known it would be an interesting lunch after a bird practically dive bombed me on the way into the restaurant; I literally had to jump out of its way.

So there we were, sitting outside and minding our own business, and the grackels were having a field day.  They were landing on people’s tables and stealing tortilla chips right out of the baskets, and one bird feasted his little self on BUTTER.  Yes, butter.  Right off a table.  It was the strangest thing. 

Proof?

Day with Mom 033

It was entertaining, at least!  Thankfully, there were large umbrellas overheard, so we didn’t have to worry too much about getting pooped on.  Attacked, maybe, but probably not pooped on.

Here are a few more pictures from the day’s adventures…

Day with Mom 005

Day with Mom 006

 

Suspicious how my Mother matched the decor of the restaurant so perfectly…Day with Mom 011 Day with Mom 025 Day with Mom 027

Has kind of an evil gleam in its eye, no?Day with Mom 039 Day with Mom 044

Stealing a chip right off our table…Day with Mom 050

My Mom’s plate when she went to the bathroom…Day with Mom 057

After lunch, we browsed the nearby shops a bit. This one had a courtyard out back filled with interesting junk…

Day with Mom 065 Day with Mom 067 Day with Mom 069 Day with Mom 076

Day with Mom 078

{Ok, if you must know.  The shorts and belt are from J.Crew, and the shirt is from Banana Republic.  Not my most interesting outfit, which is why this doesn’t count as an outfit post.}  ;)

Day with Mom 079 Day with Mom 080

So there you have it!

My day in a nutshell.  Now if you’ll excuse, I need to go make dinner for my hungry husband. 

It’s what good wives do (I guess).  ;)

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 3:31 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers