Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

7 Stories Day 6: Katie from Running on Happiness!

I’m not gonna lie, when I first stumbled into this next guest blogger’s blog, I think the first words out of my mouth were something along the lines of “hot DAMN!”
 
Katie from Running on Happiness is seriously gorgeous, but what’s even cooler is that she is genuinely NICE.  Supermodel good looks AND sweet as can be?  Well, that just doesn’t make it easy to hate her, now does it.  ;)
 
Enjoy Katie’s story! I know I did!
 
* * * * *
2011 Apr 23 387 copy
Me Over the Weekend Taking Time to Stop and Smell the Flowers
 
2011 Apr 09 249
View From Our Hotel Room
Tucson
God's Beauty

Husband and I have a "spot" where we like to go to unwind.  It is located in Tucson, Arizona and is nestled in a mountain, surrounded by sky and saguaros.  It is a destination where we have spent several weekends lounging by the pool, gazing at the stars, listening to thunderstorms, dancing to music, and laughing like it's nobody's business.  This special spot is literally our home away from home, and this past weekend while we were staying there, for a moment - I wished it was.  I'm always excited to go and sad to leave. 

This past Saturday was the perfect day at our "spot."  The sun was warm and a there was a sweet breeze that whispered through the air and played with my hair.  While we were lazily soaking up the day at the pool, I looked at Husband and said, "Husband, we are living the life!  It doesn't get much better than this!"  He looked at me through his dark sunglasses and stated, "We are chillaxin to the maximum."

And in an instant, my brain magically scrabbled some words together and the most awesome thing I have ever said rolled off of my lips.  I don't know how I did it.  Maybe the clouds had aligned in the sky.  Maybe I drank too much chlorine.  Or maybe, it was just the state of being.  Whatever it was,  I replied with one word to sum everything up, and that word was "Chillaximum."  I repeated, "We are so chilaximum right now." 

According to the dictionary of moi, chillaximum is the state of chilling and relaxing to the maximum.  That's three kinda cool words combining to make one awesome word.  It saves you time and makes you sound cool.  Two birds, one stone, people.  Anyways, I'm very well aware that I'm probably not the first person to think of this word, but hey, a girl can live in her own reality right!  (Ok, I know, as long as that reality doesn't border on crazy.  Which I may or may not be.  I don't want to incriminate myself here.)  

Do you have a favorite spot or get-a-way where you can unwind and be totally chillaximum?   

* * * * *

For me, it’s South America.  Muahahaha (sorry to rub that in).

Anyway, don’t walk, RUN to Katie’s blog and join the fun going on over there!

Thanks Katie!

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers