Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cowgirl for a day!

I have to admit, I changed back into gym shorts and a t-shirt immediately after shooting these outfit pictures (in other words, I don’t normally go frolicking around the ranch in a dress and heels).

But when I discovered this dress gathering dust in my closet a couple weeks ago, I scratched my head and wondered why I hadn’t worn it in two years.  And then I thought, “hey, this would look cute with a cowboy hat!'”

And then I thought, “hey, I’ll take some outfit pictures in this at the ranch!”

Which leads us to today, and this very post.  

One thing that blogging and fashion blogs have done for me is teach me that I don’t HAVE to shop at exclusively expensive stores in order to have nice clothes.  The dress I’m wearing below was something ridiculous like twenty bucks, but I think that’s why I never really wore it.  Maybe the greater amount of money I spent on an outfit back then, the more confident I felt wearing it.

But I’m glad to say that is no longer the case.  Sure, I still love shopping at pricier stores sometimes, but it’s become something of a game for me to see just how cheap I can get away with being and STILL feel pretty and proud in my clothes.

And given the current state of things in this country, couldn’t we ALL use to spend a little less… and still look GREAT?

I say yes.

 Ranch June 18 329

Ranch June 18 280  Ranch June 18 338 - Copy Ranch June 18 274

Ranch June 18 319

Ranch June 18 321

{ Dress: A’gaci, Shirt: J.Crew, Belt: Forever21, Shoes: Aldo, Hat: Matthew’s, Necklace: F21, Bracelets: Seasonal Whispers }

I would also just like to mention that while my mother in law and I were in this huge field taking pictures, a Wildebeest stood about 100 yards away for at least 15 minutes, completely transfixed.  He was making funny sounds, and I’m fairly certain he wanted us to be his new girlfriends.  I was flattered.

Winning.

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers