Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 8, 2011

Inside Out - Book Review

Title ~ Inside Out
Series ~ Insider #1
Author ~ Maria V. Snyder
Release Date ~ April 1, 2010
Age Group ~ Young Adult
Publisher ~ Harlequin Teen
Source ~ Harlequin Teen










GOODREADS SUMMARY

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

REVIEW

Inside Out is a story of opposites. Inside, scrubs live in the dingy lower levels while Uppers live in the beautiful upper levels. Scrubs perform manual labor while the Uppers live a life of luxury. Maria V. Snyder’s descriptions are remarkable and the contrast between scrubs and Uppers is so stark.

What do you suppose happens when a scrub tries to get Outside? A revolt beyond your wildest imagination!

As the Queen of the Pipes, you would think Trella is well-liked by the other scrubs, but she really only has this title because of her pipe-cleaning ability. She is a loner and she trusts no one. Who can blame her? Rumors and lies are everywhere, even among the scrubs. One day, Trella comes upon crucial information about the elusive Outside. Everything changes in an instant.

In true opposite fashion, Trella goes from being quiet and shy to being the catalyst of a revolution. I was so proud of Trella as she took control and used the power of persuasion. Family secrets and the beginnings of a romance give Trella’s character a personal feel.

I could not stop reading as the revolt took hold and answers were uncovered. Oh, and the surprise ending left me with sweet anticipation for the sequel, Outside In.

RATING

5 Loved

COVER COMMENTS

Tella’s blue eyes match the word Out perfectly. I love how she is ripping open the wall to get Outside. What a cool cover!

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:05 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers