Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

the Lost Art.

A couple of days ago my mom dropped in and brought me a notepad she’d bought at a store called Back Home here in Austin.

She knew I would love it, and I did.  Amazing how a silly little pad of paper can bring so much happiness… and inspiration to revive the lost art of letter writing. 

WHY don’t we write more letters?  Email is great and quick, but there’s nothing quite like receiving a letter in the mail that was lovingly crafted by hand and delivered over long distances, just to arrive at your doorstep and reside in your actual home (versus your computer).  It’s something tangible, and sometimes I feel like truly tangible things are getting harder and harder to come by, these days. 

I only wanted to suggest that you find some beautiful stationery or cards that will make you actually WANT to write letters to the people you love.  To make their day when that unexpected little surprise arrives in their ACTUAL MAILBOX!

My mother-in-law sends me snail mail fairly regularly, and whenever I see my name on an envelope (which would be practically never, if it weren’t for her), I snatch it up excitedly and often find sweet notes, articles she thought I would like, or pictures from our last family get-together. 

There’s nothing else quite like REAL mail.

Below are a few photos of that notepad my mom gifted me with. There are different (wonderful) quotes at the bottom of each page!  Here is the manufacturer’s website if you’re interested in finding out where you can buy one.

July 24 002 Letters July 24 006My first letter was to Matthew.

Letters July 24 013 Letters July 24 018 Letters July 24 021   “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.  Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”  Roald Dahl

I suggest browsing through the stationery on Etsy… I promise you’ll find some you love!

This shop is one of my favorites.

Hope you all have a nice start to your week!jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 3:43 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers