Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Have you been to the Wonder Forest?

Do you ever happen into a blog or a website and feel like it’s just kind of a breath of fresh air?  The color scheme, the pictures, the writing… everything… just speaks to you?

Well that’s how I felt when I discovered Dana over at Wonder Forest.  She emailed me to say hello just a couple short months ago, and when I checked out her blog to see what she was all about, I spent way more time there than I had anticipated.  She felt like a long-lost friend, and we’ve kept in touch ever since.

Dana is an amazing artist with a knack for CREATING.  She’s a painter.  She’s a photographer.  And she makes THE cutest little retro-style plush collectible animals you will ever see.

After she and I got to know each other a bit, Dana asked about sponsoring, and I recommended a review instead.  Secretly, I wanted one of her little plushie animals quite badly. 

So she sent me the critter of my choice, which happened to be her little tan fawn, and I received it in the mail the other day—all the way from Canada!

Isn’t she adorable?

Wonder Forest 014   

I immediately named her Hermione after my favorite kick-ass female character of all time, and I assured Hermione that she was in no danger of being shot by my husband and mounted on the wall. 

She had been worried.

Hermione1 

Don’t worry Hermione.  I won’t let him get you.

Wonder Forest 063 Wonder Forest 065  Wonder Forest 086

No, but seriously.  My little critter is so, so cute, and I now keep her right beside me at my office desk. Dana designs her Wonder Forest creatures more as collectibles for adults than for small children, though they would make THE most precious decorations for a nursery, if you ask me.

I love just having mine around.  It reminds me to preserve certain aspects of childlike joy and imagination.  What a sweet little gift these would make for someone, too!

Check out all the other critters in the Wonder Forest shop, and if you see any ya like, use the code STORYOFMYLIFE at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase. :)

And don’t forget to check out Dana’s blog too!  You will love her.  I promise.

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers