Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Introducing - HD - Reading Writing Breathing - Young Bloggers Unite

YOUNG BLOGGERS UNITE

INTRODUCES

HD – READING WRITING BREATHING


Introducing HD from Reading Writing Breathing. HD just turned 13 and he has been blogging since this summer. I met HD online and now we are friends in real life too!  REAL LIFE!  Isn't that COOL?  Making connections like this is one of the very best things about blogging.

Okay, so HD is not shy. At. All.  If he loves a book, you (and anyone else on Blogger or Twitter) will KNOW ABOUT IT.  HD will make it clear to everyone that the book is AMAZZZZZING and you MUST get your hands on a copy NOW!

HD is one of my blogging partners on Young Bloggers Unite, where our enthusiasm is overflowing with young blogger fun.  I am so fortunate to have such an awesome blog partner!



 HD is guest posting about A Guy's Point of View today on Young Bloggers Unite. Check it out to support HD and the other young bloggers. You can also find HD on Twitter as @rwbofficial and on Reading Writing Breathing.


Lightning Fast Interview

What do you see as your biggest challenge as a relatively new book blogger?

The book blogging community is a huge, huge, huge one, and I’m just a small fish swimming into a very large, vast pond! I’m new, and will go unnoticed if I don’t distinguish myself with reviews that speak more than just words, but have a personality. I tell publishers that they can expect a lot of jazz and pizzazz from my reviews, because I had to make sure that my reviews were different, that they were fresh and unique, to get noticed by other bloggers and publishers!

Do you feel that you have a different take on books than the typical book blogger because of your gender?

I think sometimes I do, and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes, with books such as Matched by Ally Condie, I have different takes on the books because, well, they’re for girls. The kissing and the heart break and the “poor-little-old-me” and “I’m-in-such-distress” can get kind of sickening to a guy because I, and no one else, really understand those feelings. This is because, frankly, we’re not girls! But sometimes, in books such as Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, the romance is intense and interesting.

I see you are a big fan of dystopian books. What are a few of your favorites? There are so many to choose from and 2011 feels like it’s the year of the dystopian novel.

Since the release of The Hunger Games and its sequels, authors have been emerging from every end of the earth with a “heart-stopping action romance dystopian” that is trying to sell and keep up with the time. Sadly, some of them have failed. But there have been a few that have almost (almost) topped The Hunger Games.

Divergent by Veronica Roth because it’s so dang LONG and it’s full of intense romance and EDGE OF YOUR SEAT action! It was the first book I ever reviewed on the blog, and I absolutely ADORED it! It’s so amazing, full of great characters that deal with identity problems and, you know, the occasional knife and punching fight!

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi is ten times better than The Hunger Games, in my opinion, because of the writing style! Run-on, disjointed, and open ended sentences litter the pages, and also words crossed out to show symbolism of distress! The writing style is fresh, and the romance is intense and AMAZING! It’s my favorite book of 2011 and my favorite dystopian.

Thanks HD!

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers