Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Kiss of Life - Book Review


Title ~ The Kiss of Life
Series ~ Priscilla the Great #2
Author ~ Sybil Nelson
Release Date ~ April 19, 2011
Age Group ~ Middle Grade
Publisher ~ Little Prince Publishing
Source ~ Makeshift Bookmark





GOODREADS SUMMARY
Hey there! It’s me again, Priscilla, a lean, mean, tween machine. Just when I’m finally getting the hang of my powers, something even more confusing and harder to understand enters my world…boys. That’s right, I can shoot fire out of my fingers and lift a car with one hand, but for the life of me I can’t decode “boy-speak”… and that just might turn out to be the death of me.

REVIEW

Priscilla comes from a family with a variety of superpowers. Priss can run really fast, she has super hearing, and she can shoot fire out of her fingers. HOT! Her brother, Josh, is a telepathic. Oh, and her little twin brothers, Chester and Charlie, haven’t gotten their powers yet, but they are a handful.

The main plot has to do with the ever present threat of the evil Selliwood Institute eliminating Priss’ family. It’s the subplots that really grabbed me though. Priss finds herself right in the middle of a crush triangle with Kyle and Marco. Kyle is her longtime friend who is not aware of her powers. Marco is the cute French mutant who she has an instant connection with. What’s a girl to do?

I was also drawn into the subplot involving Priss’ parents. Her dad is still in over-protective over-drive, but it just shows how much he cards. Her mom’s emotions range from snappy to happy at the snap of finger. It just goes to show that everyone deals with adversity differently.

The Kiss of Life is a light story with great characters and a twisty plot. There is a good deal of character development in such a short story, and I loved all the girl power that Priss exudes. Middle grade girls will really enjoy it.

RATING

4 Liked

COVER COMMENTS

This is a cover that shows off the main character very well. There is fire for Priss’ power, a heart for her crushes, and a pink kiss to remind us of girl power. Nicely done and it is a good match for the first book’s cover.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:35 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers