Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers - Book Review


Title ~ The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers
Series ~ Single Title
Author ~ Lynn Weingarten
Release Date ~ December 27, 2011
Publisher ~ HarperTeen
Source ~ HarperTeen









GOODREADS SUMMARY

When her boyfriend breaks up with her on the first day of sophomore year, Lucy has no idea how she’s going to make it through homeroom, let alone the rest of her life. Enter three stunning girls with a magical offer Lucy can’t refuse. All she has to do is get a guy to fall in love with her in the next seven days, and then…break his heart and collect one of his brokenhearted tears. As the girls teach Lucy how to hook a guy (with the help of a little magic), she quickly discovers how far she is willing to go—and who she is willing to cross—to get what she wants.

REVIEW

I was excited about reading The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers because I wanted to see how the sisterhood helped Lucy get over Alex, the boyfriend who breaks up with her. I wondered how the brokenhearted tear would play a magical part in helping Lucy.

Lucy drove me CRAZY. She was so hung up on Alex. I know Lucy was devastated that Alex broke up with her, but he was such a narcissist and he never seemed all that interested in her. Lucy came off as being an air-head to me and she was wishy-washy when it came to making a decision. Make a choice and stick with it Lucy!

I would describe the actual sisterhood as mean-spirited. I couldn’t shake the feeling that their reason for being was to hurt the feelings of the guys. And I really liked all the guys! The sweet best friend, the guy who gets strung along, and even the light-hearted party boy. They all get their hearts broken in one way or another.

I will admit that some of the sisterhood’s advice was good. They said that you should find beauty within. They also gave some simple dating advice that may come in handy when I am older. Otherwise though, I felt like they were being sneaky and taking advantage of all the sweet guys.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers