Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Amaranth Enchantment


THE AMARANTH ENCHANTMENT
By:  Julie Berry
FIRST SENTENCE
“I was sweeping the shop when a glimmer between two floorboards caught my eye.”
SUMMARY
from goodreads
When Lucinda Chapdelaine was a small child, her parents left for a royal ball and never returned.  Ever since, Lucinda has been stuck in perpetual servitude at her evil aunt’s jewelry store.  Then, on the same day, a mysterious visitor and an even more bizarre piece of jewelry both enter the shop, setting in motion a string of twists and turns that will forever alter Lucinda’s path.  In this magical story filled with delightful surprises, Lucinda will dance at the royal ball, fall under the Amaranth Witch’s spell, avenge her parents death, and maybe - just maybe - capture the heart of a prince.
REVIEW
Do you like romance?  Fairy tales?  Adventure?  Mystery?  If you do, then you will LOVE The Amaranth Enchantment.  With a plot that hints at Cinderella, this book took me on a wild ride as Lucinda searched for a very special stolen necklace.
I absolutely adored the way Berry described the setting – from the poor area where Lucinda lived all the way up to the magical castle.  I felt that I was taken away to a far- away land.
Lucinda was a likeable main character who rose to the occasion.  She was loyal to her parents’ memory and she didn’t give up even when faced with the threat of death.  I found myself rooting for her to succeed.
The Amaranth Witch herself was not your typical witch.  She was not obnoxious with her powers and she was even kind in an odd sort of way.  You’ll understand what I mean if you read the book.
The plot moved along nicely and there were just enough surprises to keep me turning those pages.  I would really like to see that necklace! 
RATING
4        Plot
4        Characters
4        Attention Grabbing
4        Girlie Meter
3        Ending

19      TOTAL

4        STARS
 

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 7:10 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers