Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Masquerade - Book Review

Title ~ Masquerade
Series ~ Blue Bloods #2
Author ~ Melissa de la Cruz
Release Date ~ May 1, 2007
Age Group ~ Young Adult
Publisher ~ Hyperion
Source ~ Library










GOODREADS SUMMARY

Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help—her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city's wealthy, powerful, and unhuman—a true Blue Blood affair.

But it's at the after-party, a masquerade ball thrown by the cunning Mimi Force, that the real danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will forever change the course of a young vampire's destiny.

Rich with glamour, attitude, and vampire lore, this second installment in the Blue Bloods saga will leave readers thirsting for more.

REVIEW

I have mixed feelings after reading Masquerade. Some books are like this for me. There are some things that I love and others that I don’t care for at all. Let’s see why Masquerade is one of those books.

The first fifty or so pages are a retelling of the first book in the series. Ehh. I already read that book and loved it, but I don’t really want to read a fifty page summary.

The ending was another part that I had some problems with. I felt like too many of my questions from the first book were still unanswered. While I do like suspense and cliffhangers, I don’t like to be left hanging for too long.

What about the good?

Schuyler is on a quest to save the Blue Bloods from the evil Silver Bloods. To do this, she must visit her grandfather who lives in Italy because he has been shunned. I like that Melissa de la Cruz is again using the vampire history to explain the present. I also like how all the Blue Bloods seem to be related in one way or another over the years.

The love triangle from the first book gets more intense. By far, this would be my favorite part of the book because what happens is very unexpected.  

Finally, I want to mention the setting. This ultra-rich group of teens lives the high life. They go to an extravagant ball and they gush about fancy clothes. It is interesting to read about the superficial lives these kids live. 

RATING

4 Liked

COVER COMMENTS

Wow! I love the masquerade mask because it is both elegant and mysterious. I am happy that the skyline is included again too.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:05 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers