Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Ghoul Next Door - Book Review

Title ~ The Ghoul Next Door
Series ~ Monster High #2
Author ~ Lisi Harrison
Release Date ~ April 5, 2011
Age Group ~ Middle Grade
Publisher ~ Poppy
Source ~ Little, Brown Books for Young Readers








GOODREADS SUMMARY

Cleopatra de Nile:
Cleo was the queen bee of the RADs, the normies, and everyone in between at Merston High. But now it's "Frankie this" and "Melody that" . . . these new girls sure know how to get her lashes in a tangle. When Cleo lands a Golden Teen Vogue photo opp for her friends everything seems to be back on track...until they bail to be in some film . . . Frankie and Melody's film! Can't a royal get some loyal?

Frankie Stein:
Frankie lost her head over Brett once and vows never to do it again. Not that she has a choice. Bekka is clinging to her guy like saran. But when Brett comes up with a plan that could help the RADS live freely, sparks fly. And Bekka will stop at nothing to put out their flames. Even if it means destroying the entire monster community.

Melody:
The clock is tick-tick-ticking away. Melody has a serious deadline to save her boyfriend, Jackson, from being exposed by the vengeance-seeking Bekka. But Cleo is making it royally difficult for the normie while threatening her acceptance into their exclusive group. A group that melody suspects she has more in common with than she even thought.

REVIEW

Hello darlings, this is Cleo de Nile, the most fabulous RAD at school. I am thrilled that Lisi Harrison is featuring me in The Ghoul Next Door, the second book of the Monster High series. My classmates, Frankie Stein and normie Melody Caver got all the glory in the first book. Now it is my turn to shine.

I would describe myself as a flawlessly stylish Egyptian who is used to getting her way. Speaking of getting my way, I cannot be bothered by Frankie and Melody interfering with my Golden Teen Vogue photo shoot. They have no respect for my fierceness. If you asked Frankie and Melody about me, they would say that I am pushy and self-important. In reality, I think I am far superior to all my classmates – RADS and normies.

Do you want in on a secret? There’s an eleven-year-old blogger named Melina who read The Ghoul Next Door. She liked that I was featured this time because she got to see my amazing point-of-view.  Her favorite part of the story, however, was the video the RADS made to get the normies to like them. I personally think Melina is CrAzY because that video caused me……

Hey Cleo, this is Melina. Give me back my keyboard! You’ve had your fifteen minutes of fame, now simmer down. The Ghoul Next Door is a fantastic follow up to Monster High. All my favorite ghouls and RADS are back and I had plenty of laughs. I cannot wait to read Where There’s a Wolf, There’s a Way in 2012. Long live Monster High!

RATING

5 Loved

COVER COMMENTS

My gosh, I really love this cover. The black snakeskin background with the python on the skull perfectly fits Cleo. That pop of teal is great too.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:05 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers