Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hello. I can’t breathe very well, how are you?

Hello my friends!

I miss you so.

I miss my bed. I miss my babies (my dogs, for you newbies; I don’t have any real babies yet).  I miss American food. I miss being able to drink glass upon glass of ice cold, free water straight from my fridge.  I miss my bathtub.  I miss sleep.  I miss oxygen.

Yes, oxygen. 

Currently we’re in Cusco, Peru, which is over 11,000 feet above sea level and, literally, just rolling over in bed makes me feel like I just ran up a flight of stairs.  It is so awesome (not).  Altitude sickness is legit, people.  Have you ever felt like your head was going to explode, you were going to pass out, throw up, AND needed to run to the toilet at the SAME time?

I have.

But yesterday we took a train up to Machupicchu, and I must say, that experience made this entire trip utterly worthwhile.  At so many points I had to catch my breath and swallow an overwhelming desire to start sobbing just due to the stunning beauty of it all.  It’s almost more than one person can handle in only a few hours.  I could spend WEEKS soaking in the magnitude of it all.

But I will write more about that when I get home.

For now, I’ll leave you with a few more pictures from our time in Peru.  Teasers, if you will…

Lima

Argentina Day 3 and Peru Day 1 096  Argentina Day 3 and Peru Day 1 178 Argentina Day 3 and Peru Day 1 198 Argentina Day 3 and Peru Day 1 223  

Around Cusco

This one was taken from a bus window…

as the woman sitting behind us so eloquently put it, “shit, a llama!”

Peru Day 2 058

my hair in this one makes me laugh…

and check out that amazing snow-capped mountain in the background.

Peru Day 2 123 Peru Day 2 183 Peru Day 2 232

and Machupicchu…

Peru Day 3 167

Sorry, you only get one of those.  There were too many amazing pictures, as you can imagine, and it really deserves it’s very own post.

Anyway, hope you’re having a fab week, people!

And do me a favor, will you?

Right now, take a deep, long breath, and just be thankful for OXYGEN.

It’s one of those things you don’t miss until it’s gone (or significantly decreased).

*Sigh* (or in my case, more like *gasp for air*)

Peace.

jennisig

PS – I wrote this yesterday but it wouldn’t post for some reason.  We’re on our way home!!!

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 8:57 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers