Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Home.

Home sweet, sweet home.

One thing International travel does for you is help you to appreciate all of the luxuries of home and the U.S. in general.  When I was practically being strip-searched in Lima before heading to Miami, I didn’t even mind, because I knew I was going HOME, and I was proud of the U.S. for taking extra security precautions right now.

And while we were traveling for 25 straight hours, I kept my eye on the prize: home.  Where you don’t have to pay a bathroom attendant for a tiny wad of toilet paper, where tap water won’t make you violently ill, where oxygen is abundant, where food tastes normal, and where you can walk up to a stranger and start chatting with them without premising it with “habla Ingles?”

While the trip was definitely amazing, it was definitely exhausting, too.  I have slept for 25 of the last 43 hours, and might finally be caught up on rest! 

So for now, forgive me while I once again retreat to a cool, dark place and pretend like I don’t have mountains of laundry to attend to, 98 emails to return, and 1,697 pictures to edit.

I may try to stretch this little “vacation” til Monday, at which point it’s back to reality—and you know what?  Reality is totally ok with me.

Peru Day 2 230These are not real llamas.

jennisig 

PS – If I owe you an email, you’ll hear from me within a week!

PPS – For those who don’t already know, Blogger recently freaked out and deleted everyone’s latest posts, but then returned them, sans comments.  Just wanted to say that I DID read and appreciate everyone’s comments on my last post, and they are all saved safely in my inbox. :)

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 10:37 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers