Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Guest Post - Dawn Metcalf - Top Five x THREE

Guest Post
Dawn Metcalf
Top Five x THREE




I don’t know about you, but I cannot wait to read Dawn Metcalf’s debut, Luminous.  Just look at that gorgeous cover!  In Luminous, Consuela finds herself in the Flow, where she dons special skins and becomes involved in stopping a murderer.  Whoa!  

Want to win your own copy of Luminous?  Dawn has a massive Luminous Summer Grand Prize Giveaway going on NOW.  Click HERE for more info and to enter.

In the meantime, Dawn was so sweet to share THREE top five lists with me.  Enjoy!


Five ways you are like Consuela in Luminous.
1. I like who I am inside.
2. I think that the fact it's impossible to find a good pair of jeans is the industry's fault, not mine.
3. I am a compassionate, empathic person.
4. I would help a total stranger.
5. I love my family more than anything.
 
Five ways you were inspired to write Luminous.

1. Clearly I picked up some Muse-inspired radio signal in my fillings. I have no idea.
2. Jose Guadelupe Posada's Catrina: the female skeleton wearing a flowered Victorian hat is feminine, creepy, and beautiful all at once.
3. The skimpy, skintight costumes of comic book superheroines: thank you for rant-y goodness!
4. Keifer Sutherland on 24: the vigilante anti-hero, the killer who takes justice into his own hands for the greater good. Do we admire him or revile him?
5. Quantum Leap: where the good-hearted hero is yanked through time against his will to correct what went wrong in strangers' lives. Loved him.

Five ways you get your CrAzY on.

1. Study mythology, anthropology, Shakespeare, sex education and gender studies, but do not take Creative Writing or Art and pursue a career in that.
2. Dress up in costume, face paint, sparkles and fancy hat for no reason whatsoever. Hit people with foam swords if they ask.
3. Get a black belt. Ten years later, get a second degree black belt.
4. Attempt to do at least two major creative projects with the same deadline simultaneously. Extra credit if one of them is a wedding or a pregnancy.
5. Laugh out loud. Rinse. Repeat.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers