Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I miss this place…

nyc

New York City. Photo by Vivienne Gucwa, via

The last time I was there was in September of last year… the month this little blog was born.

It was just before I fell really hard in love with photography and capturing life with a lens.  And also just before I really discovered my own sense of style (blogging really helped me out with that, interestingly).

And now… now I dream of going back there, armed with my camera and a little more confidence.  Heck, you wanna know what I REALLY dream of?  A tiny little pre-war apartment on a tree-lined street of the Upper East Side, with scuffed wood floors and a little desk by a window with sunlight streaming in.

You know what’s funny?  Just to the left of my desk here at home is a window, and outside that window is the brick wall of our neighbor’s house. That’s all you see when you look out: brick.  And, oddly, it’s always been my favorite thing about this room.  Because brick reminds me of New York (remember our dining room?).  And sometimes, I pretend like I’m in that little NYC apartment that I know I’ll have one day, and I pretend like that brick outside my window is just the building next door.

June 30 019

It’ll happen one day.  But for now, it’s nice to dream.  :)

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:35 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers