Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Dark Devine - Book Review

Title ~ The Dark Devine
Series ~ The Dark Devine #1
Author ~ Bree Despain
Release Date ~ December 22, 2009
Age Group ~ Young Adult
Publisher ~ Egmont USA
Source ~ Emily’s Reading Room








GOODREADS SUMMARY

A Prodigal Son

A Dangerous Love

A Deadly Secret

Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.

REVIEW

I love when I read a book that has been out for a while and I have managed to stay clear of spoilers. That is exactly the case for me with The Dark Devine. I am so glad I got to experience this story as if it were brand new.

There is a mystery swirling all around the people in Grace’s life. There are expectations of how she should act because she is the pastor’s daughter. Grace puts these expectations aside and dives right into the bizarre situation she faces. I love that Grace is brave in the face of danger and criticism. She knows when to question people and when to trust them too.

My gosh, the guys in this book are so mysterious. Daniel has been around Grace’s family forever, but they may not know him very well after all. Grace’s brother, Jude, is acting all weird and now it seems as though he may be hiding something too. So much history and so many secrets!

I was not at all expecting the turns that Bree Despain’s plot took. I was shocked. No, it was more like SHOCKED. The good kind of shocked. I love it when an author can do that and Bree has cornered the market on shock.

The Dark Devine is a beautiful start to a series I most certainly will continue reading.

RATING

5 Loved

COVER COMMENTS

That purple is stunning and I love the originality of this cover.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:05 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers