Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Girlz of Galstanberry - Book Review - Book Trailer

Title ~ The Girlz of Galstanberry
Series ~ The Girlz of Galstanberry #1
Author ~ Garen S. Wolff
Release Date ~ September 12, 2010
Age Group ~ Middle Grade
Publisher ~ Wolff House Books
Source ~ The Teen {Book} Scene






GOODREADS SUMMARY

From the boroughs of New York, to the beaches of San Francisco, girls hail from all walks of life, to sport the violet blazer and pink beret of the Galstanberry Girls Academy. Five girls from different cities, socio-economic backgrounds and ethnicities are admitted into Galstanberry Girls Academy. Their varied personalities and backgrounds lead to inevitable drama and internal conflicts. However, with each triumph and tribulation, the girls grow, transforming themselves and the academy.

REVIEW

The Girlz of Galstanberry is a stage setter. In it, each of the five girls who will attend Galstanberry Girls Academy is introduced. They each get their own chapter complete with their picture. If you read closely, I bet you can find a little bit of yourself in at least one of the girls.

First there is Lilly. She is the sassy New Yorker with a Mexican heritage, but the most like a typical tween. Then there is funny and entertaining Brandi, who hails from Georgia. I love that she has such strong family bonds. Next is Fei. She is the Chinese breakdancer from California. Fei is very confident about who she is. Tabitha is the spoiled rich girl from my own state of Texas. She is my least favorite of the girls because she is pretty snobby. Last, there is Nisha from Michigan who loves to debate.

There is really only one chapter that takes place at the school as the girls arrive. I wanted to read more about the school, so I was a little disappointed.  I cannot wait to read the next book where I am sure the drama and hi-jinx will be in full swing.

What I like best is that the series takes place at an all-girls school with tween girls. I don’t know that I’ve read anything like that before. The boarding schools are usually for older girls and sometimes they include boys. I am excited for this tween-friendly series.

TRAILER


RATING

4 Loved

COVER COMMENTS

I like the pretty pink and purple. The girls are all wearing their school uniform, but they each have their own footwear styles. There are even cowboy boots!

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers