Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Author Interview - Garen S. Wolf - The Girlz of Galstanberry

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

GAREN S. WOLF

THE GIRLZ OF GALSTANBERRY




I am enjoying reading The Girlz of Galstanberry books. The series follows five girls who attend the prestigious Galstanberry Girls Academy.


Have you seen the super cute Galstanberry web site yet? HERE is a link so you can check it out. I love it!


Garen S. Wolf is here to answer my questions about boarding school and ice cream. Let’s get right to it. {Thank you Garen}



I love the idea of girls from around the world coming together at a boarding school. Is there a country you would like to visit, but haven’t had a chance?

Germany! Last month, I toured and signed books in London, strolled around Paris and rode in cute gondolas in Venice. However, my heart longed for Germany! Book #1 of the Galstanberry series is catalogued in the International Youth Library, which is located in the Schloss Blutenberg Castle in Munich, Germany. I think it would be incredible to see my book in the “North America” section of the library. And of course, tour Munich’s downtown and countryside.


Each of the girls in your book has a unique personality. If you were going to compare each of the five girls to ice cream flavors, what would they be?

What a clever question! Totally putting that on Galstanberry’s website! Anyway, after thorough research & a brain freeze at Baskin Robbins, here it goes:

1) : ( Gold Medal Ribbon)


 2) : (Rainbow Sherbet)


 3) : (Rocky Road)

 
4) : (Pistachio Almond)


 5) : (Old Fashioned Butter Pecan)



Having attended private school while you were growing up, did you get a flavor for what the Girlz of Glastanberry experience?

Definitely! Galstanberry is a 100% reflection of my Pre-Kindergarten through high school private schooling—the uniforms, curriculum. Galstanberry’s all girl student body, female faculty, and traditions (like High Tea) reflect my 4 years at Wellesley College.


Which girl do you think most represents you? I think I am closest to Nisha, she sounds very clever!

You are totally Nisha!! LOL! Honestly, I see myself in each of the girls. I definitely have the energy and spunkiness of Lillian, and, as my family and friends can attest, the humor of Brandi. On certain occasions (when I'm annoyed), I can be sassy like Tabitha, with clever comebacks like Nisha. When I need to speak at a book singing in front of tons of people, I muster all the confidence and strength of Fei :-)

I hear you are a first year medical student. Is there a specific branch of medicine you hope to work in?

Hmmm. At this point, I’m leaning towards Internal Medicine because my dad is an Internal Medicine physician. But, in 4 years, who knows!



Do you have any other projects you would like to mention?

Galstanberry Boutique is open! Girls can decorate their rooms & wardrobe with totes, notebooks, wall clocks and more!













And, look out for Galstanberry #3 Summer 2012!


Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers