Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cupcakes! You yummy little devils, you.

I’m not usually a bandwagoner, but when it comes to the cupcake craze?  I’m all over it.  We totally had cupcakes instead of a whole cake at our wedding, and Matthew is fully aware that I cannot enter or even pass by a cupcakery without buying and devouring at least one.

Just to get you in the mood, a few pictures from our wedding:

Matthew and Jenni-1188 Matthew and Jenni-1222 Matthew and Jenni-1223   Matthew and Jenni-1471 Matthew was thanking our guests for being there before we ate our first cupcakes. All together now: “awwwwwww!”

(For you San Antonians, these were from Cupcake Couture! Highly recommend.)

So anyway, I have made it my personal goal in life to try every cupcakery in Austin (such a lofty goal, I know).  The truth is, NOT all cupcakes are created equal.  I feel that I’m becoming quite the connoisseur, with a refined and slightly snobbish palate when it comes to these little mounds of sugary joy.  Some I’ve had are definitely better than others, and so far, NONE compare to the recipe from the Primrose Bakery Cookbook!  (I posted the recipe here.)

I guess I don’t really have much of a point here, except to profess my undying love for the cupcake and to share a few photos from my recent cupcake hunting adventures around Austin. 

It’s nice to be good at something.  Even if that something is only eating cupcakes.

Polkadots

Topsy tail and Cupcakes 091  Topsy tail and Cupcakes 093

Topsy tail and Cupcakes 120 Topsy tail and Cupcakes 114 Topsy tail and Cupcakes 116 Topsy tail and Cupcakes 118

Topsy tail and Cupcakes 111My cute Mommy matched the cupcake!

Delish

2nd St 012 2nd St 019 2nd St 029 2nd St 030 Sprinkles for the kiddies to decorate their own cupcakes with!  Presh. (I wanted some)

2nd St 048 (I tried strawberry)

Sugar Mama’s Bakeshop

July 24 108

July 24 082

July 24 083Try and tell me my hair never looks bad NOW!  (The last two photos were less terrifying in black and white.)   

July 24 104

So there you have it.  And by the way, so far Delish and Sugar Mama’s are in the lead.

Yum.

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers