Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Death Cure - Book Review - Travis Time

Title ~ The Death Cure
Series ~ Maze Runner #2
Author ~ James Dashner
Release Date ~ October 11, 2011
Age Group ~ Young Adult
Publisher ~ Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Source ~ James Dashner








*This is a Travis Time Review by my 9-year-old brother*

GOODREADS SUMMARY

Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.

Will anyone survive the Death Cure?

REVIEW

I read The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials last year and FINALLY The Death Cure is here! It was a loooong wait. I finished reading it last night and WOW it was EXPLOSIVE!

In The Maze Runner, I thought the setting was most important because it was the enemy Thomas was fighting. The maze was the ENEMY!  In The Scorch Trials, the plot was most important because Thomas and the Gladers teamed up to launch a devastating blow against WICKED. Did you know it is kind of like The Scorch Trials in Texas sometimes during the summer? Finally, in The Death Cure, I thought the characters were most important because some of the old characters from the first two books came back. No joke.

There is a lot of death and destruction in The Death Cure. There are knives, killer sticky goo, starvation, weapons, falling rocks, and explosives! I think James Dashner is pure evil for letting some of my favorite characters die. Everything I like in a dystopian book is in here. EVERYTHING – including the evil! If you like kissing you may be disappointed because there isn't very much kissing.

Thomas is extremely brave as he fights WICKED. He stands up for himself and doesn’t back down from his opinions. This makes the Gladers look up to him for advice and leadership. I think Thomas would make a great president for our country. Really. I would vote for him if I were old enough to vote.

The Death Cure is a gnarly good ending to the series. The very last scene was dramatic and I really wish there was at least one more book. Yes, I am talking to you, James Dashner. I want another book!

RATING

5 LOVED

COVER COMMENTS

This cover is not bold! It is all snowy and I think that must be WICKED’s headquarters. I like the big letters that say THE DEATH CURE.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:45 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers