Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Forever - Book Review - Book Trailer

Title ~ Forever
Series ~ The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3
Author ~ Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date ~ July 12, 2011
Age Group ~ Young Adult
Publisher ~ Scholastic Press
Source ~ A Good Addiction









GOODREADS SUMMARY

then.

When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their love moved from a curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

now.

That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt.

forever.

Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.

REVIEW

Forever was a bittersweet read for me. I had become attached to the characters after reading the first two books. While I was excited to read more about their lives, I was also sad that the series was ending. *sigh* 

The beginning of Forever focuses on emotions. The story begins oh so slowly and builds from there. Emotions are all over the board as the characters face issues with trust, love, and the future. Maggie Stiefvater’s writing is as beautiful as ever and I hung on every word. If you are put off by the slow start, keep reading, it will be worth it. I pinkie promise.

Sam and Grace remain very much in love, but they are kept apart for a good part of the story. I was disappointed that there was not as much attention on these two together. Luckily, Cole and Isabel were there to fill in the void. Cole is such a free-spirit and he just makes me smile. I think there should be a spin-off book based on Cole.  I would pay big dollars for that! 

The wolves that inhabit Mercy Falls are given their own time to shine. I really liked reading about their lifestyle, how they interacted, and how they formed bonds.  In an odd sort of way, I think we could all learn from the wolves and how they structure their pack. And then there's the way the wolves were seen by the humans.  Some humans wanted the wolves dead, while others would risk their lives for them. 

Expect flawless writing and familiar characters in this final chapter of The Wolves of Mercy Falls series.  If you are like me, you will get a bit sentimental as you say goodbye on the final page.

TRAILER



RATING

4 Liked

COVER COMMENTS

I love the style of the covers to this series. It’s great to have a white background for a wolf book. So, who’s the wolf and who’s the human this time? I am glad the cover is maroon and not a bright red. Oh, and the maroon font inside the book is great too!

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers