Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Introducing - JP - YA Urban - Young Bloggers Unite

YOUNG BLOGGERS UNITE
INTRODUCES
JP – YA URBAN


Introducing the first young blogger in the Young Bloggers Unite feature – JP from YA Urban. JP is 14 and he has been blogging since June, 2010. I have known JP online since he first got started. I even helped him out with a Science fair experiment last year that involved reading while listening to various genres of music. Good times!

The thing that I notice the most about JP, is that he is very supportive of YA authors. JP is great at getting the word out about his favorite authors, and I am sure they appreciate it.

 JP with Victoria Schwab
 JP is guest posting about UNDERRATED BOOKS today on the Young Bloggers Unite blog.   Check it out to support JP and the other young bloggers.  You can also find him on Twitter as @jpmsull and on YA Urban.


Lightning Fast Interview

1. You have the most simply uncluttered blog I have ever seen. Sometimes less is more! Do you think the design reflects your personality and how you go about your blogging?

Thank you! After I started blogging, I wanted to make mine stand out. I looked at other blogs to compare mine with, and found that some sites have way too many things all over the place, so I cleaned mine up. It didn’t used to be that way, trust me!

I do think the design reflects my personality and how I blog. I write pretty concise reviews and try my best to get to the point. Others give their own summary of the book and go into much detail, while I simply share with readers why I did or didn’t care for a book.

2. Okay, give me a recommendation for a paranormal, urban fantasy, and a contemporary book you recently read.

Oh, wow! Okay—my recommendation for a paranormal would have to be Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Popular, I know, but I am so in love with Maggie’s books. The Demon’s Lexicon, also a series, is awesome, addicting urban fantasy! As for contemporary, I’ll go with Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta. I love that book so hard. Heartbreaking yet fulfilling stuff.



3. You are pretty active on Twitter chatting with authors. Who are a few of your favorite authors to tweet with and why?

*raises eyebrows and puts on innocent face* Twitter? Me? All the time? Hmmm? Yeah. Okay. I admit it. I love tweeting with Jackson Pearce (@jacksonpearce) because she’s hilarious and I’ve met her twice. She lives pretty close to me. And Maureen Johnson’s twitter is my drug (@maureenjohnson). I love her. She’s also hilarious and she is a great voice to have in the YA community. And the last person I’ll tell you about is Victoria Schwab (@veschwab). She is one of the sweetest people ever, and her blog is really fun. All of these authors’ books are excellent, too.

Thanks JP!


Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers