Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just another day in the life… you know, end of the world preparation and houses on fire and stuff.

When I woke up this morning I knew immediately that it would be a two cup of coffee type of day.  And those types don’t happen all too often for me.

I dreamed about the end of the world again last night, and once again, I forgot to pack important provisions during evacuation, like deodorant and contact solution and dog food.  I woke up feeling really anxious and happy it was a dream.

Why do I have these types of dreams, you ask?  Because my husband is amazing and drills it in my head that WE. MUST. BE. PREPARED. FOR. ANYTHING!!!  For instance, do YOU have a six month supply of dehydrated food, water, and an enormous emergency bag stuffed with every imaginable item one might need in the event of a cataclysm/AKA-the-attack-of-the-zombies?  I didn’t think so.  And don’t come knockin’ on our door looking for a handout when the time comes, either!  We’ll be locked up in our panic room munching on MREs and listening to our hand crank radio.

Just kidding, we don’t have a panic room.

Did you know that Matthew also has an emergency man satchel?  It’s basically like a fully-stocked purse, except way more rugged.  Here’s a picture of him with it:

One Year Anniv Fredericksburg 148boost storybook

Some of the items included in the satchel are as follows (most of these are his words):

  • blood clot and suture kit in case of gunshot wound or other laceration such as a stabbing
  • monocular to see distant enemies
  • mini hygiene kit
  • emergency straw water filter to drink water from puddles—filters the Ebola Virus, E. Coli, Giardia, etc
  • mini crowbar in case you need to boost a car (only in case of extreme emergency, of course)
  • caffeine pills (no one wants to be around Jenni when she hasn’t had her morning caffeine fix)
  • and many other amazing things

Kind of makes you and your purse filled with makeup and tampons feel lame, doesn’t it? (by the way, Matthew DOES have tampons in the satchel.  Came in quite handy when we were on our South America trip and another lady asked me if I had one.  I didn’t, but Matthew sure did.  The man is PREPARED.)

Anyway, I had no intention of talking to you about all this today, but we’ll go with it.  Lets get back to my weird morning, though, and let’s talk about how I sat down to write this blog post and saw smoke billowing past my window and then tore downstairs like a ninja because I was 100% certain that my house was on fire. 

But it turns out that the billowing “smoke” was just drifting steam from the dryer vent nearby. Close call.

Sure hope the rest of today is uneventful.  Happy Wednesday to you!jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 7:09 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers