Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Seasons.

cold front 010 7

A cold front blew in this afternoon… perfect weather for peppermint hot tea or hot chocolate, for hot baths and good books.  I might just have all of the above.

I’ve had a weird day today.  Kind of a down day.  During that happy time of the month (read: the NOT happy time), I sometimes become overwhelmed with sadness… like I’m in some heavy fog I can’t escape from. 

And I usually just let myself feel it.  I don’t take it too seriously.  I write it off as a chemical imbalance, because that’s exactly what it is.  Sometimes, it’s good to just let yourself feel it.  And then to let it go. 

As the wind picked up this afternoon, I could sense that something new and crisp was blowing in, which also meant that something old and stale was blowing out. I willed that this cloud I’m in would blow along out with it, and I’m beginning to feel it go. Thank God for the seasons, for change!   That nothing ever stays the same—that WE don’t stay the same.  Embrace the seasons, and never compare your season to someone else’s. Theirs will one day change as well, or maybe it’s not what it seems like, anyway. 

Here’s a favorite quote of mine:

And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy; And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.  (From The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran)

Hope you have a nice evening, everyone! The weekend is just around the corner. :)

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:34 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers