Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Randoms, in bullet form.

+ This weekend I made a huge batch of white chicken chili, and we enjoyed it even though it wasn’t cold out.  Slowly but surely, I’m learning that happiness is a choice.  Sure, some things like weather and other external circumstances can effect your moods, but happiness itself will never find you if you look for it in anything or anyone but yourself.

+ This weekend I had a little too much wine, and it was fun to loosen up a bit.  Dating back to childhood, I’ve lived most of my life like an uptight middle aged woman, and I’ve vowed to have more fun in the future.  Not stupid fun, just FUN. 

+ This weekend we cooked some yummy meals, ate some delicious Mexican food out, and raided our local Krispy Kreme… and I don’t have a single picture to show for it.  Sometimes life should simply be enjoyed and not interrupted.  (but not very often… I have a blog here, people!)

+ This weekend I felt thankful.  While preparing chicken for dinner, I acknowledged that a living thing had given its life so we could eat, and I said a quiet “thank you.”  While returning some emails, I felt thankful that there are so many kind and good people in this world.  While watching movies with my husband, I felt thankful for laughter.  What would we do without it?

+ And finally, this weekend at “Dogtoberfest” here in Austin, I was reminded of why dogs are the very best things in the entire world.  We definitely weren’t able to bring Gracie and Cooper to Dogtoberfest (they haven’t exactly learned to distinguish between other dogs and an imminent threat that should be quickly destroyed), but STILL, it was a blast.  Here’s a few pictures to make you smile this Monday morning. :)

Dogtoberfest 031 Dogtoberfest 043 Dogtoberfest 047 Dogtoberfest 049 Dogtoberfest 059 Dogtoberfest 062 Dogtoberfest 064 Dogtoberfest 067 

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers