Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dark Seeker - Book Review

Title ~ Dark Seeker
Series ~ Dark Seeker #1
Author ~ Taryn Browning
Release Date ~ October 4, 2011
Age Group ~ Young Adult
Source ~ Taryn Browning










GOODREADS SUMMARY

For 17-year-old Seeker, Janie Grey, ridding the Baltimore streets of the undead is an inherited duty passed down from her Cherokee ancestors. Seeker Training Lesson #1: Never trust the undead. After her father’s tragic death, Janie creates her own life lesson: Love isn’t worth the risk. Both lessons are easy to follow until she encounters the flawed Kai Sterdam. At first, she believes he is the hybrid she is trained to hunt. But, when he has human traits, she determines she doesn’t know what he is. As Janie’s intrigue over who Kai is pushes her deeper into his mysterious past, she discovers a shocking truth that is even more harrowing than the evil they are up against. It’s a secret Kai wants to keep hidden, especially from Janie.

REVIEW

If you want to take vampires and make them different, let them walk around in the daytime amongst the humans. These are the Daychildren. So, you may have Daychildren in your town or in your class but you have no idea that they are really vampires. No sparkles here! As a Seeker, Janie is on the hunt for these Daychildren. I look at her as a crime scene investigator more than a vampire Seeker. She’s always looking for clues and plotting her next move.

Do not panic and run away screaming when I say what I am about to say. There are two guys interested in Janie. It’s NOT a love triangle though. PROMISE. Kai is the mystery guy who may be a vampire or a human or a Daychild or something else entirely. Puzzling as that all is, Kai is infatuated by Janie. He has a really unusual power where he can just show up anywhere at any time. Kai would just show up at Janie’s school unannounced. That would annoy the living daylights out of me! I think Janie was bothered at first too, but she got used to the randomness of it.

Matt is the guy that Janie saves and he has a HUGE obsessive crush on her. But, as far as Janie is concerned, Matt is invisible. So, it’s a case of infatuation meets obsession! It’s different and you know I like that.

I realize that I am starting to sound obsessed with action scenes in books, but I think I am getting obsessed. At least I am when they are written as well as these are. The Daychildren have tons of different powers. And Janie has a favorite dagger that her mother gave her. Somehow I can’t picture my own mother giving me a dagger!

I can count two HUGE secrets that are revealed. As usual, I did not suspect either one and that was sweet! Read Dark Seeker and see if you can guess at the surprises.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:30 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers