Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 27, 2012

ALA Midwinter 2012 FAVORITES

ALA MIDWINTER 2012
FAVORITES

ALA was even better than I expected and I had so much fun. It was an absolutely perfect weekend. I will share some of my FAVORITES with you.

FAVORITE PUBLISHERS

Meeting publishers face-to-face was great. My day-to-day contacts weren’t there, but that just meant I got to make lots of new contacts. Our unseasonably high temps in the 70’s may have led a few of these New York City dwellers to consider a move to Texas.

Here are pics of me with some of the most wonderful publishers. And before you mention it, yes, I am pretty small. The most heard phrase of the weekend was some variation of “Melina, you are so little.” My reply “I am!”


Egmont

Flux

Harper

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Little Brown

Macmillan

Penguin

Random House

Scholastic

Simon and Schuster

SOHO Press


FAVORITE AUTHORS

I ran into two of my most loved authors.

Sophie Jordan – whom I’ve met before

Mary Lindsey – we FINALLY met in person

FAVORITE BLOGGERS

Bloggers were everywhere. Seriously. I couldn’t take more than a few steps in any direction without seeing a blogger. It was so cool! In fact, I was so overwhelmed with being among so many friends that I didn’t even stop to take pics. I don’t want to leave anyone out, so I will just say that I loved seeing old friends and meeting others in person for the first time. No way I am listing favorites and leaving anyone off the list. They are all totally the best!

FAVORITE BOOKS

What about the BOOKS, you ask? WOW! The publishers had gorgeous displays of books that have already been released. All those beautiful finished copies looked so crisp. They were also very generous with arcs of yet-to-be-released titles. In most cases, a little patience and a positive attitude were all it took to get a copy of a book I was hoping to read. The publishers were also nice enough to share books that Travis will enjoy reading. In fact, he is already starting his second book!

These books stand out as the ones I was most excited to bring home. I’ve already started reading a few and I’m already sharing with other blogger friends.















I can’t wait to read all these amazing books and tell you all about them. Happy reading y’all.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 8:55 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers