Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fracture - Megan Miranda - Author Interview

FRACTURE
Megan Miranda Author Interview



It’s Friday and Megan Miranda is here to celebrate her debut, FRACTURE. My gosh y’all.  Seriously, FRACTURE is SO GOOD!   I love this book for all its terrifying mind-bending awesomeness! If you haven't gotten the hint yet, you REALLY NEED to read this book.  Preorder it now or get a copy when it releases on January 17.  You won't be sorry.  PROMISE!

Take a few minutes to see how Megan played along and answered my silly and more serious questions.  You can see my FRACTURE review HERE.




Fracture in 5 words.

Death. Life. Love. Ice cold.
(Side note: At first I wrote “On ice” instead of “ice cold” – but it made me think of Disney on Ice. Not exactly what I was going for. (Also: Oops, I seriously exceeded my word limit here))

Fracture as a haiku. Go!

Eleven minutes
Under ice; on the surface
Life is not the same.

How are you celebrating Fracture’s release?

I’ll be in NYC on January 17th, which I’m so excited about because my entire family lives in NJ. I’ll be doing an event at Books of Wonder that evening with a bunch of amazing authors (Beth Revis, Julie Cross, Carrie Ryan, & Maureen Lipinski).

Tell me a little about the medical research you did regarding comas and brain injuries?

I studied science in school and college, so I had picked up a lot of things here and there, but I had to do a lot of fact-checking. I also researched some of the specific tests they might run, which I didn’t have any experience with. And I tried to read a lot about people’s first-hand experiences as well, since that was most relevant to Delaney’s story.

Do you have a favorite TV show or movie that has to do with medical mysteries?

I don’t watch TV, except for sports. I know, it’s weird. But I do watch movies. The medical mystery stuff I love is not necessarily finding out what’s wrong, but finding out how to cure something. I was fascinated (and terrified) by movies like Outbreak, I guess because it seems so possible. Fiction that seems possible to me is more terrifying than any horror flick.

Thank you to Megan Miranda and Bloomsbury for arranging this interview. Love you both!

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 9:40 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers