Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Favorite Middle School Books - Guest Post by Kristi From The Story Siren

FAVORITE MIDDLE SCHOOL BOOKS
GUEST POST
KRISTI FROM THE STORY SIREN

Blogging has opened up many opportunities for me to meet other book lovers.  One of the sweetest book lovers out there is my friend Kristi from The Story Siren.  What I like most about her is the kindness she shows to others.  Let’s see what Kristi was reading back when she was in middle school.    

First off I want to thank Melina for asking me to stop by her wonderful blog. This girl is amazing! I never would have had the ambition nor the confidence to start something like this blog when I was her age! She has got it together! 

Now, even though I wasn’t blogging in middle school, doesn’t mean I wasn’t reading! Let’s take a look at some of my favorite books from middle school! In no particular order. 

Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell

I just remember being completely fascinated by the main character in this novel!

The Giver by Lois Lowry 

This one was required reading for me in my 7th grade Language Arts class, we read a lot of great books in that class, but this is definitely the one that sticks in my mind above the others.

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

This one was required reading for me in 8th grade. I even wrote a poem about the book for class that my teacher submitted to some writing contest, or something along those lines. I don’t remember whatever came of that though. I do however remember showing my mom the poem and she didn’t believe I actually wrote it... thanks mom! :P

The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop 

I think I might have read this on in Elementary school, but I remember LOVING it! Perhaps this had a lot to do with my love of fantasy today!

Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jeminson by Lois Lenski

For some reason I remember that I wanted to be kidnapped by Indians and named Corn Tassel because I had blonde hair too..... (I was a bit crazy, me thinks.) 

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

I was a big fan of Paulsen... I’ve read dozens of his books, but I think Hatchet was my favorite.

I am sure there are some titles I am forgetting!! Although I didn’t love every book that was required reading for me in school, there are quite a few that became my favorites and I have to thank my teachers for introducing those books to me! 

What were some of your favorite books growing up?

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:05 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers