Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Weekend with the Wild Things

And I don’t mean my in-laws. 
But Matthew and I DID spend the weekend with his parents at their ranch, and while I was disappointed that there were no spring flowers yet and all plant life was still deader than dead, I managed to snap some fun pictures anyway. 
But first, for purposes of your amusement, I recorded several conversations that Matthew and I had on our long car ride on Friday.  There’s something about being stuck in a car together for long periods of time that seems to evoke some rather humorous intercourse.  And by intercourse, I mean conversation.  Don’t be gross.
***I apologize in advance for Matthew’s reference in conversation #3.  But I don’t apologize that it made me laugh so hard I cried.***

__________
Jenni (after passing some people flying kites in a field): Have you ever flown a kite?
Matthew: I have.  I had my very own kite when I was a kid.  And it wasn’t a cheap plastic one either.  It was FABRIC. It was blue, red, yellow, and green, and it had a tail.  A long, magnificent tail.
*Long pause*
Jenni: (disdainfully) Well, excuuse me.  Mine was plastic. 
__________
Jenni: I think I’m going to get a new swimsuit.
Matthew: Yes, a smaller one!
Jenni: No, a one piece.
Matthew: (look of horror)
Jenni: They’re back in, and very cute.
Matthew: Huh.
__________
Jenni: I really miss the bologna and cheese sandwich at Subway.
Matthew: They don’t have it anymore?
Jenni: Nope.  It used to be on the kid’s menu, but not anymore!
Matthew: It’s probably because people started realizing that bologna is ground up assholes.
__________
Sigh.  That man.  I love him though.
Here are some photos from the weekend.  And yes, that’s a real life armadillo.  I had no idea how cute they are, and now I want one of my very own.  Named Mo.  Mo the Armadillo.
And now I’ll be super sad when I see one smooshed on the road.  Poor, poor Mo.
Ranch March 11-12 045Driving along in the “mule” (ranch vehicle), seein’ what we can see…
Ranch March 11-12 062 Ranch March 11-12 082 Ranch March 11-12 058 Ranch March 11-12 077I could only imagine what was going through his head when I got this close to him.  Probably something like this: “omg omg omg omg omg omg I’m gonna die I’m gonna die I’m gonna die I’m gonna die…”
Ranch March 11-12 079 Then he just hid his little face in his little hole, and it was kind of precious.
Ranch March 11-12 123 Ranch March 11-12 127 Ranch March 11-12 128 Bambi.  Just chillin’.
Ranch March 11-12 132This goofy guy’s head was covered in alfalfa.  And I didn’t want to mention anything, but his dangly parts are kind of enormous. Just sayin’.
Ranch March 11-12 103
THE END. :)
JenniD_Signature-2

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:15 PM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers