Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Step Away from the Easter Bunny… {a spring decorating idea}

I’m not a huge fan of Easter decorations.  To each her own, and I don’t judge those who put them out, but I personally feel that Easter decorations tend towards being a little obnoxious, especially in large doses. 

Just my opinion; please don’t hatemail me over this. 

However, I AM a fan of tasteful birds and eggs and the occasional bunny, or any other item that lends itself well to Spring.

I married a hunter, and so my decor choices are somewhat limited.  I once dreamed of a classy, traditional-modern home with whites and neutrals and splashes of aqua blue and chandeliers dripping with crystals and… well, you get the picture.  But it’s kind of hard to go with that theme when you have to work around a giant frickin’ caribou head and multiple other horned creatures judging you from all main living spaces.

*Sigh*

But I think I’ve done well, considering what I’ve had to work with.  My home is no where near complete when it comes to decorating, but I’ve worked hard to maintain that air of class while keeping within a sort of organic, nature-y theme.  For lack of better terms. 

All this to say that spring decor fits nicely within the style of our home.  I call it Classy-Rustic-Pottery-Barnesque. 

Just kidding, I don’t really call it that. I actually JUST made that up.

But I wanted to share a fun spring decorating tip with you, along with some pictures from around my home. 

The tip? BIRDSEED.

Why is it awesome? Because it’s cheap, and you probably already have stuff around your house that you can display the birdseed on/in.

Here are a few ways I used birdseed to spruce things up.  The candy picture is unrelated, but it is kind of a big deal in my life right now.  

Easter deco 090

 Remember these birds from Christmas?

Easter deco 002

Easter deco 016

Easter deco 018 Easter deco 038 Easter deco 056 Easter deco 080

Easter deco 069 

So, take that for what it’s worth.  Get creative with it. You’re welcome. :)

Happy Tuesday, my friends!

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 4:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers