Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I wrote a book, y’all!

Ok, when I was seven.

I have been writing stories for as far back as I can remember.  Some true, some fictional, almost none finished.  I’m great at starting a story, but terrible at finishing it.  Maybe that’s why I love blogging so much?  The story never really ends.

Lately I’ve been going through my memory box and can’t help but laugh at some of the things I find. Today, I found what I believe to be my first ever book, written at about age seven.  It’s titled My Book About Germany, and held together by colorful tape with freaky looking bunny rabbits on it.  There are also illustrations in my book, and I’d venture to say that my drawings were actually better then than they are now.  How sad.

Germany book 009 Germany book 010 Germany book 011 Germany book 012That’s me and the bee (see below for explanation).

Germany book 013

The book reads (spelling has been modified):

“I flew to Germany in an airplane with Mommy and Kristen.  It was fun.  When we got to the airport we saw Daddy.  Daddy’s friends picked us up and brought us home.  When we pulled in the driveway we saw our new home.  I liked it. And a bee stung me when I came in.  We lived on the third floor.  I liked it in our new home.  The end.”

It was a short book.  Yes, unprovoked bees have been stinging me my entire life.

Anyway.  I just thought that was cute.  I’d like to get back to my roots, and start writing more stories. Hopefully they’ll be a little better than the one above, though!

During college, I wrote and read very little for my own pleasure.  There was simply no time for it!  Then during the couple of months after I graduated, I was devouring books at an epic rate. I read 13 books back to back, but then I got into blogging and books were replaced with the words of my friends all over the world.

But now I’ve started to read books again, and simply can’t get enough.  I think in order to be a good writer, you simply must read.

I’ll be needing some fabulous book recommendations soon.  Anyone read anything unputdownable lately?

Happiest of Wednesdays to you! :)

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 8:26 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers