Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 24, 2011

Molly Maid Day

Do you remember this post at the beginning of the year where I ranted about keeping up with household chores better and how I planned to write everything down on my little desk calendar and stuff?

Yeah, that plan crashed and burned by February.  As do many New Year’s Resolutions, I suppose.  But I have since found a system that works much better for me—and I think that’s what it’s all about: finding what works for YOU and your unique situation.

So basically, Friday is my cleaning day.  I keep up with small chores like vacuuming and laundry during the week, but Friday is the day I set aside for dusting, mopping, organizing (fridge, pantry, closets, etc), scrubbing toilets, cleaning showers… you get the picture.

It really works well for me, and has cut out on a lot of the guilt I’d been feeling on a regular basis.  For example, I would see that the floors were dirty or the fridge needed to be cleaned and then just felt guilty if I didn’t have time or didn’t want to do it.  But now that I know Friday is cleaning day, I see what needs to be done, and know that I will do it on Friday. 

And you know what’s really weird? I LOOK FORWARD to Fridays.  I actually get excited about them.  I love the feeling of accomplishment when it’s all finished. 

I know not everyone has a whole day to set aside for cleaning, but maybe a couple hours on Wednesday night? Or Sunday afternoon?  If keeping up with it each day doesn’t work well for you, I highly recommend setting aside a certain time each week to get stuff done!

So on this happy Friday, as you go about your business and if you happen to think of me, you can picture me scrubbing toilets to “ET” by Katy Perry or perhaps dancing around the house to “Teach Me How to Dougie,” (Don’t Google those, Mom).

Or wait, here.  I found a heavily edited version of Teach Me How to Dougie.  You’re welcome.

I ain’t from Dallas, but I D-town boogie.

jennisig

PS – Please pray for Edd today. He’s been in the hospital for two days with severe, severe nausea.   Thanks, friends.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 7:07 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers