Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The roast that would not… roast.

Ever have one of those days where things just don’t go as planned?

I had one yesterday.  We planned to have my mom and Edd over for dinner last night, and I had a roast all ready and in the crock pot when I left to go spend some time with Allison (adorable mama and baby pictures to come!).

Problem was, when I got home around 3 o’clock, I discovered my crock pot was ice cold.  Never plugged the darn thing in.  Awesome!

So I cranked that sucker up to high, and hoped the enormous mound of meat would be nice and tender by around 6:30.

5:00 o’clock rolled around, and I called my mom in a panic, wailing into the phone that the roast was still hard as a rock and it was kind of inconceivable that it would be ready in an hour and a half or so. 

But I made brownies!  And had plenty of salad! And I cleaned the house! 

It was all very tragic, but my mom and Edd saved the day and brought over pizza and plenty of wine.  Phew.  Nice how the tables got turned on them, huh?  It went from them being invited to our house for a delicious homemade dinner, to them buying and delivering us a pizza.

But you know what?  Despite my near panic-attack, everything was OK.  Sometimes you just have to improvise a little in this thing called life, and nothing should ever be more important than spending time with your family.

That’s your lesson for today, kids.

Class dismissed.

DinnerJune14 008

DinnerJune14 001 DinnerJune14 005  DinnerJune14 032(terrible picture, but the only one I had that wasn’t all blurry.  Gracie loves Edd!)

DinnerJune14 038

 DinnerJune14 024 (yes, I make out with my dogs. what?)

jennisig

P.S. The roast wasn’t ready until 9:30.  I’m glad no one waited around.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:22 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers