Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A post so that yesterday’s post isn’t at the top anymore…

Alright, now I need you all to forget everything about what you saw here on this blog yesterday.  You are getting very sleepy… Your memory of yesterday is fuzzy…

No but seriously, thanks for all the hilarious comments on my then & now pic (my favorite comment was from my mom, though, who said I looked like a young Harry Potter. I’ll take that as a compliment). 

I’m relieved to know that I’m not the only one with terrifying photos from the past—seems like we all have ‘em.   And in an attempt to further wipe your memory clean, I will now show you pictures of delicious food:

Weekend Oct 29 081 copy Weekend Oct 29 092 copy Weekend Oct 29 100 copy

As you know, I like to share when I find a really great recipe, and Matthew and I both LOVED the pork dish pictured above.  I also made the blackberry cobbler, but it wasn’t my favorite.  It was a Cooking Light recipe, and it definitely tasted… light.  It was very tart and desperately needed that ice cream!.

As for the salad, it’s just spinach, red onion, candied nuts, and sliced grape tomatoes with a pear vinaigrette.  Delish. :)

Here’s the main course recipe (which is from Cooking Light and can also be found here):

Crispy Pork Medallions with Roasted Root Vegetables

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 8 medallions
  • 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation
  • 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
  • 2. Rub mustard evenly over pork medallions. Combine panko, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Dredge pork in panko mixture. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork; sauté 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn pork. Place skillet in oven; bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until pork reaches 145°. Let stand 3 minutes.

For the Roasted Root Vegetables: Preheat oven to 450°. Combine 8 ounces quartered small red potatoes, 2 thinly sliced carrots, and 2 thinly sliced parsnips in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove; toss well to coat. Arrange vegetable mixture on a rack placed in a broiler pan. Bake at 450° for 28 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Serves 4.

* * * * *

Yummy!! Hope you try it! :)jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 7:18 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers