Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 16, 2012

Ask Matthew: Questions answered! (pt 2)

As promised, here are most of the rest of your answered questions!  I’m still holding out hope that Matthew will make an appearance in a vlog in the near future, but don’t hold your breath.  ;)

Let’s turn it back over to Matthew!! (once again, I inserted my own comments here and there…)

Oct 1 weekend 088-1 He WILL kill me for using this picture, but I just can’t help myself.  It looks like a picture from a tabloid, doesn’t it? I can just see the caption now… “Matthew out shopping… he’s just like US!”

What made you decide to be a lawyer—lifelong dream? 
I've always had a desire to go to law school and become an attorney.  I don't think it was a lifelong dream though.  I've done well in my business and felt like it was time to take the next step in my long term career goals.

If you could only pick one, what is one trait from Jenni you would want your kids to have? One that you wouldn’t want them to have? 
Jenni has a great heart, is very intelligent, and has a memory like an elephant. (that’s three babe.) I wish I had her memory. I have an awful memory. I have to write myself reminder notes to look at my reminder note.  I wouldn't want our kids to have her procrastination.  And it's not that Jenni procrastinates, it's just that she lacks discipline to get started on things. (alas, ‘tis true)  A great quote that I love says: "Discipline is doing the things you hate, but doing them like you love them." Guess who said that?  Mike Tyson.  I know, i know.  Not only is it smart, but maybe the only complete sentence he's ever articulated.

What is Jenni's biggest pet peeve with you? 
I think I have like 492 that are all tied for 1st place.  She gets frustrated that I can't remember what I did that morning.  I always have to remind her that I deal with so many stresses that my brain has to make room for the really important stuff. (of course, sometimes our opinions differ on what’s important… ;)  She gets frustrated with my impatience and that I'm always hungry. (the man eats like 6 meals a day!!)

I am sure there are many things you love about Jenni, but what was the one “thing” that really spoke to you saying this is THEE girl?  The first time I looked in her eyes.  I knew right away.  She was gonna be my wife whether she wanted to or not. :)

Jenni does a lot of outfit posts, but what is your favorite sort of outfit to see her in? Glamorous? Casual? Sweatpants/hair tied chillin with no make up on? (lil Drake lyrics) 
Hmmm...my parents read this so I can't answer honestly. Soooo, my second favorite would be glamorous.  Probably because I never really get to see her that way.  (And no babe, this isn't an open invitation to go shopping). (and by saying he never gets to see me that way, I don’t THINK he means it’s because I’m a slob… it’s because we rarely go anywhere that calls for “glamorous” dress!)

What is it like being married to a(n) (awesome) blogger?  e.g. Very well knowing many things in life are documented.  I'm really torn on the whole blog thing.  On one hand, it takes a lot of time away from our relationship and it gets really annoying when she's always taking pictures or doing things for this whole other world. (as discussed in last week’s post, we are working on a bit more balance :) On the other hand, it's something that she really loves and it's helped her to grow and mature.  It's also helped her learn what her passion is.  Jenni is an amazing photographer and really has an eye for turning everyday things into art. 

Any advice for other blogger husbands/boyfriends?  Dude.  I have no idea.  Perhaps we should come together and create our own blog and start a battle of the sexes.  We could talk about fun stuff...like guns, sports, preparing for the end of the world, guns, and guns. It would probably fail though.   Our blogging time would be seriously interrupted by having to take outfit pictures for our wives' blog.  (good point.)

What are some good gift ideas for the guy who doesn't want much?
I'm hard to shop for. If I want something, I just go get it.  I like thoughtful gifts.  I've been asking Jenni for a photo album of my favorite pictures of her!  I like coupon books that I get to use at any time; none of that 24 hour notice crap (hint hint wifey).  Make him his favorite dinner.  Stuff like that. 

What are some things you like to do?
I like to shoot guns, hunt, spend time at the ranch, dinner and a movie with Jenni, spend time with our dogs, prepare for the end of the world, camping (which Jenni and I need to do), etc.

Would you rather be superhumanly smart, or superhumanly strong and athletic?  Probably superhumanly smart.  Being strong and athletic only gets you so far.  Sure, you can make a ton of money, but that does nothing to help humanity.  I'd rather give gifts to the world, like curing cancer or AIDS.  I just don't want being so smart to give me a big head.   Not talking about my ego.  I literally mean I don't want my super awesome brain to make my head huge ...that would just be weird.

* * * * *

Ha ha, indeed.  Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us Matthew!!  And if anyone missed his first Q&A session, check it out here.  Happy Monday!

jennisig

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 6:00 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers