Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cinder and Ella - Character Interview with Cinder

Cinder and Ella

Character Interview with Cinder


Please welcome Cinder to Reading Vacation this morning! Cinder is the responsible and caring sister in Melissa Lemon’s fairy tale, Cinder and Ella. I just had to find out how she came to fall for the Dark Prince.


What is your favorite fairy tale?

When we were small, our mother used to tell us a story about a girl who could fly. She kept it a secret for a long time because she was afraid that she would be shunned or even in danger if others knew about it. Then one day, an enemy to the kingdom came and tried to destroy everything. Because she could fly, the girl was the only one who could escape. But she didn’t. She stayed and helped fight for her kingdom. The kingdom was victorious and sometime later, the prince spotted her flying. He summoned her and questioned her about her skill. When it was learned what she had done to help her kingdom, the prince asked her to marry him. And they lived happily ever after. I don’t remember the name of it. Perhaps sometime I will try to ask mother what it is called.

How was it decided that you were the sister who took over when your parents couldn’t support the family?

It was so hard to watch poor mother, sitting in her state date after day. All of us ached for father. I had to do something. What happened to my family was not easy to deal with, but helping them relieved some of what I was feeling. It helped me keep a glow of hope in my heart.

What did you see in the Dark Prince that attracted you to him?

Because he is royalty, it was more honor, respect and admiration that I had for him on our first few encounters. Then I thought he was showing favor to me. And there was something about those stormy eyes that was inviting, the way a rain cloud invites, as if it holds a mystery, and even though you might get soaking wet or struck by lightning, you can’t help standing under it for awhile.

What is it like having Ella as a sister? She is so headstrong and brave.

Having Ella as a sister is much like having a faithful and constant friend and protector. She is my one true joy.

How do you see your future unfolding?

I would be happy to work at the castle for all my days. As for the future, one can never really tell what will come.




Ditulis Oleh : admin // 5:05 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers