Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 18, 2011

The day my house was clean.

On Saturday evening we had guests over for dinner, which meant I spent most of Saturday afternoon having a minor anxiety attack as I scurried about, cooking and cleaning up a storm.  The degree of difference between how we actually live and how our house looks when we have company is pretty substantial, and I tend to underestimate how much work is necessary to bring things to standard—hence, the last minute crises.

Seriously, how do all those spiders get in the house?  And I’m pretty sure their sole purpose in life is to spin webs in ever nook and cranny of my home, catch bugs in them, and then immediately die.  So gross.

When Matthew and I finished polishing up the house, we surveyed our work and gave ourselves a pat on the back.  Now, if only things would STAY looking that way.

Of course, I snapped some pictures so that I could look back fondly on this event: you know, that day my house was clean.

*Sigh*

**Worst Housewife Ever Award**

Dinner July 16 001Water with citrus and mint.  Cause that’s how we roll.

 Dinner July 16 030

Dinner July 16 018Can you hear the choir of angels singing?  I can. 

Dinner July 16 015 Oh heck yes.

Dinner July 16 019 Dinner July 16 024 Dinner July 16 027 Dinner July 16 032

Also, I would just like to say that for pretty much the first time ever, a small child liked Matthew.  And he liked it back.  And it was pretty much the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.  Made my heart happy.

Dinner July 16 045

jennisig

PS – Check out my recent guest posts HERE (on the best and worst of blogging) and HERE (on why Austin is “weird.”)

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 9:14 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers