Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 18, 2011

Guest Post - Tracy Marchini - Effie at the Wedding

GUEST POST

TRACY MARCHINI

EFFIE AT THE WEDDING


Remember how Effie got locked in the bathroom at her sister Ophelia’s wedding?  You can read my review all about it HERE.  Anyhow, Effie was going to give me her top book picks, but she has yet another mishap.  Let’s see how Effie worked herself out of this predicament.


 Ophelia here!  Effie’s having a bit of an emergency, and she asked me to fill in with my book picks.  So here’s what I’m reading now:

The Bride’s Essential Wedding Planner by Amy Nebens and Greg Stadler – This binder has been so helpful in making sure I don’t forget anything!  It breaks down everything into lists and timeframes, and asks all those questions that a first time bride like myself never would have thought of.  (I wish that Effie was reading The Bridesmaid’s Handbook but it doesn’t really seem like her thing…)


The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks – You might think that I’m only reading things that have to do with weddings, but I am actually reading this because I just found out it’s the sequel to The Notebook.  (Also, George made fun of me for a whole day when he found out that I had no idea who Nicholas Sparks was, even though I was so in love with the movie.  So now I feel like I have to know everything before we watch the movie again.)

Slightly Suburban by Wendy Markham – I love the “Slightly” series.  It seems like Tracey Spadolini and I are almost living the same life.  Well, at least the getting engaged and then getting married part.  Effie pointed out one day that I have a lot of chick lit books from the same publisher (Red Dress Ink), and I guess she’s right.  Weird, huh?


Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin – I haven’t read this one yet, but I want to read the book before I see the movie because Effie says that most books are better than the movie version. Effie and I definitely don’t have the same taste in books, but she’s usually right about movies.

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins – Okay, I can finally mention a book that has nothing to do with weddings!  When Effie first gave me this book, I was a bit put off by the premise.  Teens killing teens… I wasn’t so sure.  But she was completely right.  I couldn’t put these books down, and even though I know that Effie will completely make fun of me for even putting this series and another popular vampire trilogy in comparison to one another, this series was definitely better. 


Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary – This is one of my favorite books from when I was younger.  It still reminds me of Effie and I, even though Effie isn’t taking a single bite from every apple in the fridge!

Hope that gives you an idea of what’s on my bookshelf, and Effie apologizes for not being able to be here today.  She’s, um, still working out a Twitter problem with my mother.

Thank you to Tracy Marchini and The Teen {Book} Scene for arranging this post.

Author website: www.tracymarchini.com

Effie At The Wedding (contemporary YA short story) is available for the Kindle, the Nook and on Smashwords.

Ditulis Oleh : admin // 8:25 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers